Saturday, January 10, 2015

Booksie's Shelves, January 10, 2015



It's cold here in N.C., which of course isn't the same as saying it's cold here in Minnesota, but then again, one lives in the South so they don't have to say the things those surviving Northern winters say.  This is the first Booksie's Shelves of 2015.  I've been reading a lot, but then again, it's also playoff season for the NFL and college basketball is in full swing. I've been reading a lot of my personal library books as well as mixing in newly published books sent for book tours and review.  One of my reading goals for 2015 is to read some of the big fantasy series I've got here but never had time to read.  I'm starting with a reread of George R. R. Martin's A Game Of Thrones series, as I never got to book four and five since I was waiting for the rest of the series.  Since I'm not sure when those books will arrive, I'm immersing myself back in the series. 

Here's a list of the new physical books I've added:

1.  Love By The Book, Melissa Pimentel, mystery, sent by publisher
2.  The Rosie Effect, Graeme Simsion, literary fiction, sent by publisher
3.  Changing The Conversation, Dana Caspersen, nonfiction, sent for book tour
4.  Dying For The Past, T.J. O'Connor, mystery, sent by publisher
5.  Last Words, Rich Zahradnik, mystery, sent by publisher
6.  The Orphan Sky, Ella Leya, historical fiction, sent by publisher
7.  The Forgetting Place, John Burley, mystery, sent for book tour
8.  My Father's Wives, Mike Greenburg, literary fiction, sent for book tour
9.  The Like Switch, Jack Schafer, nonfiction, sent by publisher
10.  Unbecoming, Rebecca Scherm, literary fiction, sent by publisher
11.  The Last Breath, Kimberly Belle, literary fiction, sent for book tour

Here's what I'm currently reading:

1.  The Innovators, Walter Issacson, Kindle
2.  Beautiful Ruins, Jess Walter, paperback
3.  A Game Of Thrones, George R. R. Martin, paperback
4.  The Flamethrowers, Rachel Kushner, Kindle Fire
5.  Barracuda, Christos Tsiolkas, hardback
7.  The Rise And Fall Of Great Powers, Tom Rachman, paperback
8.  The Illusionists, Rosie Thomas, paperback
9.  The Black Country, Alex Grecian, paperback
10.  Mrs. Poe, Lynn Cullen, paperback
11.  The Perfect Stranger, Wendy Corsi Staub, paperback
12.  The Orchid Affair, Lauren Willig, hardback
13.  The Killer Next Door, Alex Marwood, paperback
14.  Rescue, Anita Shreve, hardback
15.  Traitor's Blade, Sebastien de Castell, paperback
 16.  The Skeleton Crew, Debrorah Halber, Kindle Fire

Happy Reading!


No comments: